"Cheesecake Shake"

     When we were kids sitting around the dining room table, Mom would encourage us with "Finish your dinner!" But then Dad would always chime in, much to her chagrin, "But leave some room for dessert!!" 
     Dad loved dessert and would often stop at the local bakery on his way home from work. There was always pie, or his favorite Doberge cake, or ice cream. He would sometimes make us a "brown cow float," vanilla ice cream and root beer. "Don't forget the whipped cream. I want everything I'm paying for!" 
     Every now and then, I get an envie for a dessert shake. These days, I try and at least make it a more healthy version, something that can be a meal substitute. I came up with this delicious Cheescake Shake a few years ago when I was following a low carb diet. The eclectic list of ingredients was what I happened to have in the pantry and fridge at the time. This recipe makes about 5 cups, which I divide into 4 servings. Each serving has 13 grams of protein and 4 net carbs. 

Cheescake Shake 
4oz. Cream cheese
5.3 oz plain fat-free yogurt
2 scoops collagen powder
3 tbsp ground flax seed
1 oz cocoa dusted almonds
2 cups plain almond milk
4 packets Splenda or equivalent sweetner to taste
2 cups ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. I made this once with oat milk and a vanilla "keto" yogurt (packing 25 grams of protein!) and it worked great. I just omitted the added sweetner.



Comments

Popular Posts