Coffee Fluff

     I had a rare day off this past week, and could relax with my morning coffee. It happened to be the infamous "Black Friday," and since I "hate" shopping, I just stayed home. 

    I have several sisters that treat shopping like an Olympic sport. I did not get the "shopping gene." I will admit to some couponing. There are some stores with a reward program. Combined with coupons and rebates, you can get most items at half price, and some free. I am at times actually paid to take shampoo and conditioner. Jane, though, takes this to an exponential level. I was about to pay 50 cents for a $4 tube of toothpaste. "Don't pay for that! You can get it free with another coupon!!"

    So Friday, I thought that since I had time, I could make my coffee fancy with some sort of fluffy topping, and I remembered a viral video that involved instant coffee. Now, ordinarily, I consider instant coffee an abomination. However, in the right circumstances, it is magical!

     So, the basic recipe for whipped or Dalgona Coffee is:

2 tbsp instant coffee 

2 tbsp sugar (the real McCoy, no substitute)

2 tbsp Boiling water

Put the coffee and sugar in a medium bowl, pour in the hot water, and wisk like a madman for 4 minutes. It transforms the liquid into a soft and fluffy coffee cloud!









     The "fluff" is very strong, so you can't eat it as is. It can be mixed with cold milk for a cold latte, but I wanted more of a topping. I gently folded the fluff into some whipped cream and floated it on top of my coffee. So good!


Next, I tried freezing the whipped cream/fluff mixture, and then folding it with vanilla ice cream. I suppose you could add a swirl of chocolate syrup or mini chocolate chips but it is seriously yummy as is!
I'll take kitchen experimentation over the mall any day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts