Overtime Coffee

                   Happy Independence Day!
     I'm on call, and have been working, feels like non-stop. I'm sharing this recipe for a coffee drink that has kept me going. I make it when I know the potential exists for a very long night at work.
     I read an article several years ago about how medium chain triglycerides feed your brain. A guy named Dave had taken this information, and created a diet that he christened "Bulletproof." One of his recipies is "Bulletproof coffee." He has a website (Bulletproof.com) from which he sells his proprietary blends.
     The recipe I have was shared online years ago, no strings attached. I can't call it "Bulletproof," but perhaps "Stronger Than A Locomotive!"

                          Overtime Coffee

2 cups strong, hot coffee
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp butter (okay, before you cringe, think about where butter starts....cream, right?)
Sweetener of choice
*1 scoop collagen powder (optional)

     Put all ingredients in a blender and whirl for 30 seconds.  I add a bit of half&half. This coffee is rich and creamy, and will keep your brain functioning. My record is 36 hours.
                                 

Comments

Popular Posts