Soft Gluten-free Bread

     Disclaimer: This is NOT my recipe, but I sure wish it were. It is perfection in a loaf of sandwich bread.
     One complaint I have had about commercially available gluten-free bread is that I found them to be universally tiny--Melba toast sized, with a hard, dry crumbly texture and the funny "off" taste of unusual flour. Completely useless as a sandwich base. I couldn't find an easily workable recipe, until now.
     I came across this recipe only a couple of months ago, and tweaked it just a bit.
 This gluten-free bread is wonderfully soft, puffy high, perfect for sandwiches or French Toast. The only changes I made to Carol Kicinski's marvelous recipe are:
1. I used 3 cups of my gluten-free flour blend with xantham gum instead of the individual amounts she lists. See the recipe Dec. 7, 2017;
2. I used 4 tbsp melted butter instead of 1/4 cup of oil (because I love butter).
    Follow the instructions at https://simplygluten-free.com/blog/2013/04/gluten-free-soft-bread-recipe.html
You're welcome.

Comments

Popular Posts